Your Big (Day) Hair
For many women, the special day -- her wedding -- is one of the most important days of her life. This day, although special and timeless, can mean a lot of stress too! Every aspect of a wedding is planned, right down to look of the bride. When it comes to bridal hair, have no fear! ELLE Magazine compiled a slideshow of some celebrity hairstyles that would be PERFECT for bridal hair: ELLE Bridal Hair
Here are some wedding day hair tips from the pros at nuBest:
- The bride should choose a stylist/colorist and develop a relationship with him/her approximately 6 months before the wedding and continuing/maintain that relationship up until 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Weekly conditioning treatments are recommended and shine glaze can be applied right before the wedding for that extra special shine
- The bride should bring any headpiece or pins, etc, that she will be wearing at her wedding to her consultation. Also, the bride should bring any images of hairstyles that she is interested in trying (i.e. tear sheets). This will give the stylist a better idea of what the bride is looking for in her own style.
- Extra Hold spray for hair is a must, so that her hair can stay as gorgeous as when she walked out of the salon. Don’t over do it with the hairspray! Too much hairspray can weigh hair down and make it look dull.
- The Air Brush Technique should be used over make up primer for a flawless finish.
- The bride should have both the makeup and hair trials on the same day, one following the other, so she can see how the hair and make up look together. This should be done approximately 2-3 months before the wedding so that changes can be made if necessary. Many brides have more than one trial so they can try out different looks. If possible, the trials should be on the same day as the dress fitting so that the bride knows whether or not she likes the entire look together and it is fresh on her mind. FYI: A bridal boutique, Wedding Salon of Manhasset, just recently opened right next door, which makes this convenient!
- Hair should be shampooed the day before the event in order to extend the longevity of the style.
- Use every product in waterproof! Waterproof mascara and make up primer should be used so that make up will not be ruined, regardless of tears or sweat.
Check out some other bridal offers at: www.nuBestsalon.com