While regular skin cleansing is clearly beneficial, exfoliating your face on a regular basis can improve the results of your skin care routine and help rejuvenate your skin. Whether you have dry, normal, oily or sensitive skin, exfoliation can bring new life to your complexion. There are two methods of exfoliating - physical, such as the use of scrub or chemical. Chemical exfoliators work by dissolving the “glue” between the cells, causing them to slough away. Here are 5 reasons to make exfoliating part of your daily routine.
- Helps Clear Acne & Breakouts - Exfoliation, helps to reduce the occurrence of acne and blackhead breakouts. Acne-prone skin sheds extra skin cells more than other skin types, but the cells do not fall away. Instead, they stick to the skin, clogging pores and hair follicles. As this dead cell debris builds, the skin produces excess follicle oils—which leads to blackheads and blemishes. Think of regular exfoliation as “taking out the trash” and reducing the likelihood of clogged pores and acne.
- Improve Your Skins Texture - Exfoliating the tired, dead cells also speeds up the skin renewal process, allowing new healthy cells to take their place. This process turns your complexion from dull and dry to bright, vibrant, and smooth. In addition, regular exfoliation reduces fine lines and wrinkles and keeps your skin much softer!
- Reduces Appearance of Large Pores - Along with dead cells, exfoliating also removes the dirt stuck deep inside your pores. Washing your skin alone will not accomplish this. When pores become clogged, they appear larger, which is the last thing we all want. By “decongesting” your pores through exfoliation, they will diminish in size and allow your skin a healthy polished glow.
- Exfoliate Away All Signs of Aging - As you age, your skin becomes drier and less elastic, which can result in lines and wrinkles. You also may find your skin is more rough in texture than it used to be. This is because of the multiple layers of dead skin cells that accumulate of the years. Exfoliaiting aids your skin to maintain its luster and shine as you age. Exfoliation is also the perfect solution to lighten and brighten age and sun spots. Exfoliators containing renitoid compounds are effective and safe options to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Better Absorption - Serum and moisturizers are better absorbed into skin that’s not blocked by layers of dead cells and dirt. Exfoliating allows your skin to be properly moisturized and stay healthy! This is also true for makeup and sunscreen. Regular exfoliating of your face will help your makeup go on smoother, more even, and will also allow your sunscreen to better protect your skin.