How-To: The Smokey Eye
The smokey eye is the perfect way to achieve a sultry, romantic look without overdoing it. Although the smokey eye has been popular for a while now, it can never get old and will definitely been seen this fall season. This technique will draw attention to your eyes for your night out and can boost any look. nuBest make up artists are pros at this hot look, but if you can't make it into the salon, here are some simple steps so you can achieve it by yourself:
1. Prime your lid with cream foundation -- this will form a base for your eye makeup to stick on to.
2. Trace the top of your eye lid along the lashes from the inside corner out with black or grey eye liner. Dot between lashes on the lower lid. Smudge with a Q-tip or eye liner brush.
3. Sweep powder shadow (brown, grey, dark green, etc) over your lid and into your crease, blending the color up and outward
4. Dust a lighter, neutral eyeshadow (such as ivory) over just your browbone and in the corner of eyes.
5. Finish with two coats of mascara.
TIP: Keep lip color neutral! The smokey eye should always be the focus of the look.