Get The Look: Jennifer Lopez Top Knot
Whether hitting a red carpet, a party or simply going to work, nothing says sweater weather hair, more than a sleek top knot.
Equally classic and chic, celebrities have been sporting the top knot for what seems like decades – and for a good reason. The high bun is easy to achieve, stays put all day, and is universally flattering no matter your face shape since it instantly elongates even the most circular of faces.
Here’s what you need to know to recreate the celebrity top knot style at home:
- Blow dry your hair. Use a paddle brush to dry hair against your scalp for a sleek, pulled-back finish.
- Using your paddle brush to smooth out any bumps, pull hair up into a high ponytail and secure with a clear or hair color matching hair elastic.
- Spray length of ponytail with a dry shampoo of your choice. While designed to absorb oil and give volume simultaneously, used on dry hair, dry shampoo gives hair the perfect amount of workable texture and added volume.
- If you have thick hair, twist hair until it starts to curl around itself into a bun and secure with hair pins.
- Finally, finish with a hairspray for an all-day hold.